Pages

Saturday 21 May 2011

Bridge to Terabithia-Review


          Bridge to Terabithia is an older story, so not everyone knows what I`m talking about.



This is Katherine Paterson, the author of the book.


The story is about Jess Aarons, who wants to become the fastest fifth grade runner at Lark Creek Elementary. The new school year is beginning and Jess will be in fifth grade. His family lives on a farm. He lives with his four sisters, two older then him that get whatever they want, most of the time and two younger sisters, one that worships him and one very young. His father is never at home during the day, except on weekends, when he is to tired from the long week to keep one eye open and his mother is always working around the house.


Down the road is another farm, but much worse then the Aaron`s farm. No one moves into that house and stays their for a very long time. One day Jess finds out that a family is moving there.  A girl named Leslie Burkes moved there and her and Jess form a unusual friendship.




This is the cover to the magical book.
The book is so tragic, it will make you cry!


Disney takes this book into an amazing film.




Jess Aarons is played by Josh Hutcherson and Leslie Burkes is played by AnnaSophia Robb.
It is a very touching movie! The movie and the novel are very alike.  I saw the movie first and I just read the book.






I would give the book a 4 out of 5.
I would give the movie a 4 out of 5, as well.
I would give the overall story a 9 out of 10!!


I`m an emotional person, so this story made me sob.






Reminder:


I will always try to get YOUR opinion, so vote on my polls.
My polls are at the top of the page, near my title.


VOTE!

No comments:

Post a Comment