Pages

Saturday 14 May 2011

Holes-Book and Movie Review

Holes is both a book and a movie.
The book is by Louis Sachar. Holes is one of my favourite books in the world. The movie is one of my favourite movies. I personally think this story is the best.






I have read this book twice and both times I loved it!
Holes is about a boy named Stanley Yelnats, who gets in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Stanley is at the wrong end of the police court being told he is a thief.
Of course he is not a thief at all.
The judge tells Stanley and his family that he has two choices, go to prison or, since there is an opening, go to Camp Green Lake.
Camp Green Lake is a camp for boys, bad boys. This camp helps you think of how terrible you have been and how what you did was wrong. Stanley of course chooses Camp Green Lake.










I have seen the movie Holes many times.
Holes is a great movie. It is not much different then the book.
The two main characters are Shia LeBeouf as Stanley and Khleo Thomas as "Zero".
All the boys at Camp Green Lake use their nick-names instead of their real names. Stanley`s 
nick-name is "Caveman." Everyone thinks Zero is a brainless boy because he never talks, but Stanley would like to know why he never talks. Eventually Stanley becomes Zero`s only friend.




I would give the book Holes a 5 out of 5.


I would give the movie Holes a 4 and a half out of 5.


All together I would give the story about a 9 out of 10 because I absolutely love Holes!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment